Washington Park High School Print Shop
Beginning in 1958, Washington Park High School operated a sign shop, where students and faculty designed and produced signs advertising school and community events.
The items on exhibit were produced between 1961 and 1970, when Art Instructor Ron Gardina oversaw shop operations. Gardina Introduced silk screen printing-signs had initially been painted by hand-using printing stations acquired from Army surplus. The screening process allowed for increased production and sales, which supported the shop as a selfsustaining enterprise.
Sign Prints generously donated by Ron Gardina
Exhibit researched and written by Alexis Erickson, Museum Intern