Skip to main content

1012 Center Street

Walden III Middle and High School

Walden III's Building

Walden III was originally located in the McMynn building at 7th Street and Lake Avenue, the grounds of which are now home to the McMynn parking structure. It was in the mid-1970s that Walden became the last tenant of the McMynn building before moving to the old Franklin School building on 1012 Center Street. The McMynn building was special to students, as they helped repair it, maintain it, and even decorated it with art. Soon, however, their new home on Center Street would become even more colorful as the walls, ceilings, and even the school grounds were engulfed in the artwork of students.

Walden III Sign

Photography by Mark Hertzberg